CASA Safety Training Services
TRAINING COURSE FACT SHEET
SSSTS Health and Safety for Site Supervisors – 2 days
This Site Safety Plus SSSTS 2 day course of training is intended to increase the competence of Site Supervisors and Foremen on health and safety issues and should be considered to be ‘foundation’ training prior to upgrading to the Construction Skills Site Managers Safety Training Scheme 5 day course. The 2 day course is primarily for supervisors and foremen who may be required to manage health and safety on small construction sites, or support the main site manager on larger sites.
This course is accepted as a qualifying course for site supervision working on UKCG (UK Construction Group) member’s sites, and is one of the qualifications necessary from the 1st January 2010.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All levels of site Supervision who will be managing operatives and sub-contractors on site.
- Understand the Supervisors key role for implementing and monitoring health and safety in the workplace.
- Understand the principals of risk assessment and the purpose of safety method statements for dealing with high-risk activities.
- Appreciate the role of the H.S.E.
- Understand the purpose of the safety inspections and methods of recording.
- The Supervisor’s role with regard to the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and liaising with other “duty holders”
- Understand the Work at Height Regulations and the hierarchy of selection of work equipment for work at height
- Understand what is ‘suitably approved’ and ‘suitable for task’ Personal Protective Equipment
Two Days (1 day per week for 2 weeks).
Maximum 16 delegates per course.
Skills and knowledge will be assessed throughout the course and by using an End of Course Multiple Choice.