CASA Safety Training Services
TRAINING COURSE FACT SHEET
Working at Height - Operative Training Course
This course of training will enable workers who work at height to perform their duties safely in compliance with The Work at Height Regulations and other supporting Regulations and guidance
To enable delegates to understand the employer’s statutory duty to have ‘competent persons’ using suitable work equipment. Delegate will be aware of the need to select and use the equipment correctly in a safe manner.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:-
- Appreciate that falls from height can be costly, both in monetary and personal injury costs by showing examples of poor practice
- Understand the need for ‘Safe Systems of Work’ under HSAWA by learners being able to explain what a safe system of work is
- Understand the basic requirements of the Working at Height Regulations and the hierarchy of fall prevention and control
- Knowledge of how the legislation applies to the use of ladders and step ladders; and how these items must be ‘last resort’ options for work
- Knowledge of the basic techniques to be adopted for safe use of ladders and step ladders
- Knowledge of how to select and use ‘Fall Arrest’ and ‘Work Restraint’ systems
- Demonstrate knowledge retention by passing the written end of course questionnaire
A maximum of 10 trainees will be permitted per instructor.