CASA Safety Training Services
TRAINING COURSE FACT SHEET
Ladders and Step Ladders Safety
This course of training will enable users to perform their duties relating to the safe use of portable ladders and step-ladders in accordance with The Work at Height Regulations and other supporting information and guidance
To emphasise to delegates the employer’s statutory obligation to have competent persons using work equipment, including the use of any ‘stability accessories’.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:-
- Appreciate that falls from height can be costly, both in monetary and personal injury costs by showing examples of poor practice
- Understand the need for ‘Safe Systems of Work’ under HSAWA by learners discussing what is a safe system of work
- Understand the requirement to properly select access equipment in accordance with the hierarchy under the W@H regulations
- Knowledge of how the legislation applies to the use of ladders and step ladders as a last resort option
- Knowledge of the basic techniques to be adopted for safe use of ladders and step ladders
- Knowledge of how optional ‘accessories’ can aid the user in stabilising ladders
- Demonstrate knowledge retention by passing the written end of course questionnaire
A maximum of 10 trainees will be permitted per instructor.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course for knowledge and participation; and by completing the end of course knowledge retention questionnaire.